Accessorise your look with bold and chunky jewellery. We tell you how to wear a piece of chunk according to your body shape.
1. Bold and basic: A statement neckpiece makes a bold statement and shouldn’t compete with the rest of your outfit. So stay away from prints or too loud patterns. Go for solid, monochromatic colors instead, to enhance the effect the neckpiece would make.
2. Less is more: With a necklace which is already bold you don’t really need earrings and other chunky accessories like cuffs, hair accessories etc. as it will make the whole look very slap-dash and chaotic.
3. Stature wise: Keep your body shape in mind when wearing a statement neckpiece. A petite build will not look great in a very chunky and big piece. Similarly, if you have an apple shaped body, a round pattern will make you look curvier. Pear shaped body should avoid anything oval shaped. The rule is to contrast the shape of neckpiece with that of your body.
4. Star appearance: Let your neckpiece be the centre of the attraction. Keep your hair simple and don’t tie them in an elaborate bun or chignon that takes attention away from it.
5. Neckline rules: Keep your neckline simple. Complicated necklines will interfere with your jewellery. Scoop, V neck and crew-neck styles work best to show off your neck area.
HTC (With inputs from jewellery designer Vandana Dewan)