Listen up ladies! Here's how you can wear your white shirt right
White is always in vogue! Having said that, it doesn't have to be plain boring. We asked a few designers/fashion bloggers to give cues on how to wear a white shirt right. Here's what they have to say.fashion and trends Updated: Jun 24, 2015 11:10 IST
Summer spells white! Always in vogue, this versatile colour is what most of us turn to in the sweltering heat. And for all you naysayers, white is never boring if you know how to wear it.
But wearing white and maintaining them can be risky. We asked a few designers/fashion bloggers to give cues on how to wear a white shirt right. Here's what they have to say.
* White boyfriend shirt:For a hassle-free glam look, steal your boyfriend's shirt! Saiba M Alagh and Maneet Singh of Voiix says, "Wear your boyfriend's shirt with a skinny jeans or a pencil tea length skirt. But if your guy's shirt is really big, add a belt and wear it like a shirtdress."
Another way to wear it is to team it up with shorts and sneakers and roll your sleeves up.
* Keep it classic: "A crisp white shirt with ink blue jeans/pencil skirt and high heels for a formal look can be worn by any body type. But in case you have a thinner body, go in for a tucked-in look," says designer Pallavi Mohan.
You can also go for a white cotton front-knot shirt with summery shorts/skirts and ballerinas or a buttoned white shirt with long dungarees.
* White-on-white:With the international trend of white-on-white, it is the most sought after look at the moment. Team a white crop shirt with wide-legged white pants. Accessorise with statement jewellery and pointed heels/flats and you are good to go!
"In case, you want to carry this look to work, just replace the bottoms with high-waisted trousers cropped at the ankles. And for an androgynous look just throw on a light blazer," says fashion blogger Chandni Sinha (www.msshinyshorts.wordpress.com).
* Pairing it up:"White shirt when teamed with long flowy skirts, linen trousers or khadi cigarette pants, look really outstanding," says designer Shruti Sancheti.
If you are more of a dainty dresser, wear your white shirt with a midi-length/ A-line / pencil skirt and accessorise with a delicate necklace or earrings.
Designer Deepika Govind says, "A white shirt teamed with a pair of beige trousers, could be accessorised effectively with a dramatic cocktail ring, a tan bag and tan-coloured footwear. If endowed with a long neck, this look would definitely work for you."
* How to wear it according to body type: The trick is to play hide and show. Hide what you think is not flattering.
* Saiba and Maneet say, "If you have a straight body then we would suggest you wear your white shirt with a big belt to create an illusion of curves. If you have a curvy body then high waist pant and big scarves would come to your rescue. And if you have a perfect body then anything would look great on you. Just keep it chic and fun."
* Chandni says, "For heavier bottoms, pair a breezy white shirt with dark jeans/shorts/skirt. It will take away the attention from your trouble zone. And if you have an athletic figure, a shirt with pleated bibs will give you a fuller bust."
* Sancheti says, "Pear-shaped women should wear clinched shirts highlighting the waist and keep it a bit long to cover broader hips. Apple-shaped women should wear ballooned up white mul shirts for free flowing look around the waist and petite women should opt for short cropped tops. Bulkier, bigger women should opt for a more structured shirt."