Mother’s Day is here, and if you’re close to your mom, you know she deserves the best. But feeling a little stressed to get her the perfect gift, are you? Take a breather!
On the occasion of Mother’s Day, that falls on Sunday, give her a hair makeover. Whether your mother is the type to be the centre of attention or she prefers to stick to the sidelines, these celebrity-inspired hairstyles are unbeatable.
1 A simple twisted side bun is made all the more gorgeous by the addition of a small, sparkly hair accessory, like this one on Keira Knightley.
2 Jennifer Lopez is known for her long, sexy bombshell hair, but she can do subdued, too. This retro-inspired bob, with its deep side part and curled ends, is a little bit more on the demure side, but it’s still super stylish.
3 Long front layers left loose around the face make just about any updo a little softer and more flattering, including this look on Cameron Diaz, which looks best with plenty of volume at the crown.
4 A more dramatic play on the half-up, half-down style, pulling the front layers of hair off the face while leaving the rest loose around the shoulders à la Salma Hayek is a low-key look that’s still polished.
5 Take it from Angelina Jolie—you can’t go wrong with a shiny, voluminous blowout.
6 To draw attention to the face without opting for an updo, take Gwyneth Paltrow’s lead and slick the top of the hair into a side part and the rest uniformly behind your ears.
7 For medium-length hair, dress up a bouncy ponytail by smoothing the hair into a deep side part like Reese Witherspoon.
With the hairstyle done, here are a few tips on how to help your mother look fabulous with the new hair.
* With the temperature rising, try and use a hair serum instead of hair oil as it is less oily and greasy.
* When leaving home use a hat, scarf or stole to shade your hair. You should always use ammonia free hair colours as they curtail the harmful effects of colouring and nourishes your hair.
* It is essential to go for a hair spa treatment as they help you get rid of all hair related problems and gives them a completely new feel.
* Try different effortless hair styles that can help get you in the spirit of summer. Style your hair into braids or loose top knots.
* It’s important to not tie your hair too tight as they tend to damage and cause unnecessary hair fall.
(With IANS inputs)