Summer fashion: shorts, cropped tops, midis, sheer maxi
Give a makeover to your wardrobe by including summer fashion pieces like crop tops, midi skirts, sheer maxis, jumpsuits, and printed shorts. Fashion designer Anita Dongre, director of Global Desi, suggests outfits to invest in this season. (Pics inside)fashion and trends Updated: Apr 11, 2014 12:09 IST
Give a makeover to your wardrobe by including summer fashion pieces like cropped tops, sheer maxis and midi skirts.
Anita Dongre, director of Global Desi, suggests outfits to invest in this season:
* Crop top:The most popular outfit of the spring-summer season is the 1990s crop top. It flaunts your midriff well and at the same time ensures that the look remains subtle. One can pair a crop top with almost everything- a skirt or palazzo pants.
Read: Sheer me up
* Sheer maxi:The see-through garment epitomizes downtown cool and the stylish silhouette complements all body types making it a striking statement for summer fashion.
* Jumpsuits:The floral prints and pastel hued jumpsuits are enjoying a major moment in fashion this season. Apart from its figure flattering form and stylish silhouette, the jumpsuit is undeniably practical and exudes an uber-comfortable, high-style statement making it the most coveted item of the season.
* Midi skirts: It is longer than a knee length skirt and shorter than a maxi. The very versatile midi skirt adds a feminine allure to any look. It is best worn with a stylish pair of heels and a fitted crop top.
* Printed shorts: Pastel and floral prints are the staple of a warm-weather wardrobe, but as the mercury soars, fashionistas are finding solace in printed shorts. These shorts are as stylish as they are eye-catching and exude summer’s easy vibe.