Mohabbatein – possibly the first film to be released this millennium – has gone down in history as initiator of many ill-fated firsts. Uday Chopra and Shamita Shetty’s careers notwithstanding, it was responsible for igniting a mass frenzy of scarves and mufflers that refuses to die down even 12 years later.
And if you too are planning to copy that same scarf style of both ends through the loop that Shah Rukh Khan sported in every winter movie subsequently, then you are on the right page. These brilliantly simple and unique scarf styles will help you break out of your style ennui.
Rosette Turban Knot: Perfect for that early evening rendezvous or a midnight gypsy ride, this will charm them all – floral fans or not.
1,2. Take a square scarf folded in a triangle and wrap it around your head. Bring the loose ends to one side and tie them in a double knot as the vertex of the triangle hangs loose.
3. Tuck the hanging vertex of the triangle neatly under the wrap.
4. Grab both ends of the double knot on the side and start twisting it from the end.
5,6. Rotate the twist into a spiral, similar to a rosette and tuck it well. Double Ascot Knot: Typically a tie style, it looks great as a scarf too. Go, spread the style!
1. Place the scarf around your neck so that one end (A) lies longer than the other (B) on your shoulders.
2,3. Wrap (A) around your neck once, bringing both ends in the same frontal position.
4,5. Cross the ends so that (A) lies on top of the other (B) and bring (A) from under (B) so it comes out forming a loop.
6. Adjust the length between the neck and the loop depending on the look you want. (Mantastic – just as fantastic for men as for women!) The Fake (K)Not: If you have followed the age old ‘Fake it till you make it’ rule, then this is the style for you!
1. Place both ends equally around the neck.
2. Tie a loose single knot on one end of the scarf.
3,4,5. Insert the other end into the knot. (Mantastic)
From HT Brunch, November 27
Follow us on twitter.com/HTBrunch
Connect with us on facebook.com/hindustantimesbrunch