Eat right to stay infection-free this monsoon. Here’s how
To make sure you stay healthy and disease-free during the rains, incorporate these changes in your diet.fitness Updated: Aug 10, 2017 09:12 IST
Monsoon is the season when chances of stomach infection due to eating out are high. To make sure you stay healthy and disease-free during the rains, incorporate these changes in your diet:
* Include garlic, pepper, ginger, asafoetida, jeera powder, turmeric and coriander in food as these help enhance digestion and improve immunity.
* Drink boiled water. Have medium- to low-salt food and avoid very salty food as it can cause high blood pressure, lead to bloating and water retention.
* Non-vegetarians should go for lighter meat preparations like stews and soups. But be careful about fish and prawns. Avoid too much of fish and meat this season with heavy curries.
* Include warm dal or soup in your diet. Add spices like turmeric, clove, black pepper and sauf to it.
* Consuming hot soups during the monsoon can reduce inflammation and help fight infection.
*Avoid eating vegetables in raw form. For instance, raw sprouts can cause indigestion and lead to gastric problems.
* Turmeric is not only a great antibiotic but is also known to have anti-inflammatory and healing properties, which help in reducing inflammation in the digestive system.
* Sauf water can be consumed after every meal to help in digestion and reduce chances of gastric problems.
– Inputs from Mehar Rajput, nutritionist and dietitian at FITPASS, and Aditi Sharma, chief dietitian at Columbia Asia Hospital, Ghaziabad.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more