Healthy heart, improved blood flow: 6 reasons to eat a piece of dark chocolate every day
Eating dark chocolate lowers blood pressure naturally. Now you know why it makes you so happy.fitness Updated: Sep 13, 2017 11:16 IST
A popular superfood, dark chocolate is filled with many benefits for a healthy heart and body. Sonia Narang, wellness and nutrition expert, Oriflame India and Meher Rajput, nutritionists and dietician, FITPASS share that how dark chocolates can be healthy too.
* Dark chocolate is also pre-loaded with decent amounts of soluble fibre and potential minerals. It contains Oleic acid, Stearic acid and Palmitic acid.
* Loaded with organic compounds which are biologically active, dark chocolate can help lower blood pressure and improve the flow of blood in your body. It greatly helps in decreasing the levels of oxidised LDL cholesterol in men.
* Eating dark chocolate (which has 65% polyphenol-rich cocoa) helps to lower blood pressure naturally.
* Flavanols found in dark chocolate help in improving your heart health by lowering blood pressure and refining the flow of blood to the heart as well as to the brain. They also help in reducing the risk of cancer.
* Dark chocolate also reduces the level of insulin resistance, which is a very common factor behind the birth of diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and other heart ailments.
* Dark chocolate also has high concentration of an alkaloid called theobromine which has stimulant properties and relaxing effects. It can dilate the blood vessels.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more.