OnePlus came onto the technology scene last year with its flagship model, OnePlus One, and revolutionised the smartphone market. With the specifications of a $600 plus phone in a $200 plus package, it was a dream. Now in 2015, this dream is being given a gigantic upgrade. Enter the OnePlus Two. With its release on 28th July at 7:30am IST at a virtual reality event in collaboration with Google, OnePlus is ready to make most other flagship phones quiver in their boots. No wonder then that the company is calling it '2016 Flagship Killer.'
Here are the leaked specifications that give a glimpse into what we can expect from the OnePlus Two:
1. Body and Display: It is rumored that the display will be a 5.5inch screen. Different leakes have suggested that the display might be a 1080x1920 pixel full HD screen or a QHD screen. In terms of the body, the dimensions of the phone are rumored to be (6.02x2.99x0.3) inches and the weight at about 170 grams, with a Dual SIM and a fingerprint sensor. The body might also be a metal built, as teased by OnePlus CEO Pete Lau.
2. RAM and Processing: This is where it gets interesting. The OnePlus team has confirmed that the OnePlus Two will operate on the 64-bit Oxygen(global)/Hydrogen (China) OS (based on the Android 5.1 Lollipop OS) and have a non-removable 3300mAh battery, alongwith a USB Type-C Port. It is rumored that the phone will have a quad-core processor this time around.
3. Memory: Although it might not have a memory card slot, it is rumored that the OnePlus Two will be available with 32/64 gigs of storage. The OnePlus team on the other hand has confirmed that the phone will have a 4GB LPDDR 4 series RAM. Yes, that’s 4 gigs of RAM along with a quad core processor (drool).
4. Camera: Photographers and videographers will like this bit. It is rumored that the OnePlus Two will have a front and back camera as the old OnePlus One, with a back camera of 13 megapixels and a front camera of 5 megapixels. If that’s not enough, the back camera will be capable of recording video at 2160p@30fps, 2160p(DCI)@24fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, stereo sound recording etc and the front camera will be able to record video at 1080p@30fps. Hello 4K and insane slo-mo! :D
5. Price: And last but not the least, we have the price. Wait for it, wait for your jaw to drop in 3,2,1 – The OnePlus Two is rumored to cost under $450 (Rs. 28,500) as hinted by CEO Pete Lau. You get all that in Rs. 28,500! Imagine what companies like Apple and Samsung would make you pay for the same.
As we slowly move closer to the event launch of the phone, the leaks suggest a monster just waiting to rise. So for people who are looking for a new smartphone pretty soon, make sure you divert your attention to the OnePlus Two. Here's how to make sure you get an invite.