So, you've finally decided to get rid of that peasant phone you owned and planned to treat yourself to a swanky new iPhone 6. Pat yourself on the back because you will soon be ahead of the technology curve; well at least for the next 3-4 months. If this is your first iPhone there are tons of new things to discover. Here are the first six things you must do with that brand new iPhone 6 of yours:
1. Install iTunes on your PC or Mac: The iTunes is an essential companion app you need to have on your computer to use you iPhone efficiently. The iCloud has been in the news for all the wrong reasons of late and poor data services in India make storing data in the cloud a pain, but having iTunes on your PC will mean you able to always backup all your data locally and also update iOS painlessly.
2. Transfer all you data from your old phone: If you are upgrading from an old iPhone, iTunes will do most of the leg work for you. But moving from an Android device can be a little trickier. But trickier doesn’t mean impossible just download an app called CopyMyData on both your old device and your new iPhone and simply follow the instructions on screen to transfer your data.
3. Make your iPhone secure: Make sure you take advantage of all the security features that Apple provides you with. First set up Touch ID on your phone to ensure no one can access it without your permission. Also Touch ID makes all purchases on the App store more secure and simple.
4. Make your iPhone Theft proof: If you can do only one thing on this list ensure this is the one you pick. ‘Find my iPhone’ is a feature of iCloud that lets you use the iPhone's built-in GPS to pinpoint its location on a map. In case your very expensive device ever gets lost or stolen this can be a total life saver.
5. Try out a few games: The iPhone 6 is an exceptionally powerful device that can now play games with graphics like that on the Xbox 360 and the PS3. So try out some of the top free games available on App Store like Asphalt 8 or Beach Buggy Racing and be blown away by the graphics.
6. Throw away your point and click camera: We are serious, that fancy point and click camera you bought for around 15k is pretty much useless now, because your iPhone can do everything it can and more. Take some panoramic photos with it or try recording a slow motion video at 240fps your iPhone will be more than up to the task.