Accused in police remand, victim’s father not satisfied | gurgaon | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 23, 2017-Sunday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Accused in police remand, victim’s father not satisfied

gurgaon Updated: Feb 12, 2012 00:42 IST
Leena Dhankar

A local court on Saturday sent Mukesh Kumar Shah — accused of killing 23-year-old trainee software engineer Cincy Sebastian on January 11 — to 4-day police custody. He confessed to the crime and alleged that he killed Cincy as she did not reciprocate his love. A cab driver, Shah was arrested from Udyog Vihar on Friday.

Cincy had joined HIPL, a software firm in Udyog Vihar on November 2010, where Shah was already employed as a cab driver for the past six years. He used to pick and drop the victim.

Maheshwar Dayal DCP (crime) said the police zeroed in on the accused on the basis of a scarf recovered from the crime scene at Cincy’s PG accommodation. The scarf was wrapped around the knife used by the accused.

“As we suspected the role of someone close to Cincy, we also searched the house of the cab driver. We found an identical scarf at his residence. During interrogation, he confessed to have committed the crime,” said Dayal.

Police officials said Shah had proposed to Cincy a couple of times before, but she asked him to stay away.

They said on the evening of January 10, Shah dropped Cincy at her PG accommodation. Later, around 8pm, he went to Ram Mandir market in DLF City Phase-3 and bought a knife.

Parents not convinced

Cincy’s father Sebastian Fernandez (55) told HT that he feels another man could also be involved in his daughter’s murder. “I am not satisfied with the outcome. Just liking someone is not reason enough to kill somebody,” he said.

“I have no plans to visit Gurgaon and I don’t need a death certificate. No one has spoken to me after I returned from Gurgaon,” he added. “HIPL sent me a condolence letter but nobody has contacted us regarding her account and PF. My sister Ambija has stopped talking to me ever since the incident,” victim’s father said.

“No forensic report has been received till now though the police have solved the case.”