Every district will have a woman police station: Khattar | gurgaon | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Sep 21, 2017-Thursday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Every district will have a woman police station: Khattar

Chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar, while speaking on the occasion of the 125th birth anniversary of Bharat Ratna Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, declared that a woman police station would be set up in every district headquarter in the state.

gurgaon Updated: Apr 15, 2015 10:17 IST
HT Correspondent

Chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar, while speaking on the occasion of the 125th birth anniversary of Bharat Ratna Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, declared that a woman police station would be set up in every district headquarter in the state.

He also said that people from the scheduled castes would get the benefit of reservation in promotions, and cases filed against them during the struggle would be withdrawn.

Referring to the issue of benefit of reservation in promotions, Khattar said that keeping in view the interests of the SCs, the state government has decided to implement the recommendations of the Raghavendra Rao Committee. The BJP government has provided big relief to the scheduled caste by presenting the data in the high court. Any doubts regarding promotions would come to end by July 2015. Khattar also announced setting up of a statue of Martyr Ravinder Jangra along with the statue of Dr Ambedkar at Baba Bhimrao Ambedkar Park located on Rohtak-Jhajjar road.

He added that work related to Aadhar cards had been completed to the extent of 85% and the remaining 15% would be finished by June 30. After that, it would be easy to identify eligible and non-eligible beneficiaries of social security pensions and other welfare schemes. “Pension would be provided to all eligible beneficiaries through banks,” he added.