Gurgaon: Armed men hold passengers at gunpoint, flee with car | gurgaon | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Mar 31, 2017-Friday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Gurgaon: Armed men hold passengers at gunpoint, flee with car

gurgaon Updated: Mar 09, 2017 23:21 IST
HT Correspondent

The incident took place on the Farukhnagar-Pataudi Road.(HT PHOTO)

Three armed men snatched a car from a couple at gunpoint on the Farukhnagar-Pataudi Road around 4:30 am on Thursday. The couple was on way to Rajasthan when the accused rammed their red Maruti Swift into the victim’s white-coloured car of the same model.

In his complaint to the police, Satibir Singh, 32, resident of village Munda Khera in Jhajjar, said he was on his way to Rajgarh in Rajasthan along with wife Kamlesh and his cousin brother. The accused damaged the car, got into a tiff and held the victims at gun point. The accused also fired a warning shot in the air. After taking over the vehicle, the accused drove white car to Pataudi and the red one turned towards Farrkukh Nagar bus stand, the complainant said.

Kamlesh was not well and had to get medicines from a city-based doctor. His cousin Jai Bhagwan was also accompanying them and the red Swift belonged to him.

The incident took place near the Pataudi-Farukhnagar road, which is a busy stretch with a near ceaseless flow of traffic all through the day and night, the police said.

Read I Gurgaon: Lalu’s son-in-law’s car snatched at gunpoint in daytime

Inspector Birender Singh said, “Before the occupants could understand what was happening, the youths assaulted the driver, took all three occupants at gunpoint and dragged them out of the car. They snatched the car keys and fled with the car, leaving them stranded on the road. The victims immediately contacted the police control room and a team rushed to the spot.”

“We are trying to get CCTV footage to identify the culprits and have also spoken to people who happened to be passing by at the time of the incident,” Singh said.

A case of snatching was registered against three unknown youths at Farukhnagar police station.