Gurgaon: Couple dies of electrocution in Mewat, leaves behind toddler
Kamlesh received an electric shock and shouted for help. His wife, 38-year-old Sonia, rushed to the washroom. When she touched her husband who was lying on the floor, she too got electrocuted.gurgaon Updated: Jul 04, 2017 23:26 IST
A couple were electrocuted to death on Monday morning after they came in touch with an open wire in the washroom of their house in Khori Kalan village in Mewat.
Police said 40-year-old Kamlesh, who worked as a boiler operator in a company in Chowpanaki industrial area in Bhiwani, was getting ready for work on Monday morning. While he was hanging his clothes on a line in the washroom of his house, he touched an open wire next to the rope, the police said.
He received an electric shock and shouted for help. His wife, 38-year-old Sonia, rushed to the washroom. When she touched her husband who was lying on the floor, she too got electrocuted.
Police said their two-year-old daughter Nandini did not understand what had happened and began crying seeing her parents on the floor. Soon, neighbours gathered and informed police.
Khorikala police chowki in-charge sub-inspector Virendra Singh and ASI Abdul Majid rushed to the spot. Kamlesh’s uncle Sandip Kumar, who runs a grocery store in Bhiwani, was informed by the couple’s neighbours.
Kumar told police about what happened and the bodies were sent for a post-mortem examination.
“The autopsy revealed that death occurred due to electric shock. We have filed a complaint under Section 174 CrPC, based on Kumar’s statement,” Majid said.
Kamlesh and Sonia hailed from Akbarpur village in Itawa district of Uttar Pradesh. They had built a house in Khori Kalan village and were staying there for the last eight years.