ICU shootout: Police now say two men fired on victims inside hospital | gurgaon | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Mar 28, 2017-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

ICU shootout: Police now say two men fired on victims inside hospital

gurgaon Updated: Dec 14, 2012 01:19 IST
HT Correspondent

The city police, investigating the Gurgaon shootout case, revealed that two gunmen had opened fire on three patients lodged in the intensive care unit of Sunrise Hospital on Tuesday. This is a clear departure from its earlier claim that only one person had fired at victims on Khandsa Road.

The police made this claim after the arrest of another accused Lakhan alias Kalu. According to the investigators, he also had fired on the victims along with the main accused Basant Singh alias Fauji. The police said 42-year-old Basant, an ex-Army man, fired six shots with his .32 mm revolver.

Of the eight accused, five persons — Manoj Kumar, 37, Manjeet Raghav, 19, Lakhan, 22, alias Kalu, Dinesh, 25, and Raju, 22 — were arrested for their involvement in the case, the police said.

However, the main accused and his two brothers, Mohan and Ramavtar, are yet to be arrested.

Of the three victims, Joginder Singh succumbed to his injuries in Medanta – The Medicity Hospital on Wednesday. The condition of another victim Satbir Singh, who is undergoing treatment at RML Hospital in Delhi, continues to be serious.

Maheshwar Dayal, DCP (East), said Satbir told the police on Thursday that Lakhan had fired at him and he could not see the person who had shot at his son Joginder. “Though Lakhan dismissed the claim, we are not taking it on its face value. Truth will come out during interrogation of Lakhan. We, as of now, are working on the possibility of two weapons used in the crime on Tuesday,” Dayal said.

All the five arrested were on Thursday presented in the court of judicial magistrate (first class) Ashok Mann, who remanded them to two-day police custody.

"Dinesh and Raju were arrested from Khandsa village, Manjeet and Kalu were nabbed from Kanina of Rewari district while Manoj was taken into custody from Rohtak," Narender Kumar, chief of Kherki Daula police station said.