The operator of Gurgaon-Faridabad expressway alleged that police did not take appropriate action against the vandalisers.
A series of attacks on the toll attendants and property have been taken place in the recent past. The latest attack was reported on June 5.
Officials of the operator, GF Toll Road Private Ltd, said that the police did not file an FIR even after the footage recorded by the CCTV camera was produced as a proof.
On May 15 this year, there was a major attack at the toll plaza when a mob of 40-50 persons from neighbouring villages abused and assaulted the toll agents and vandalised the property.
The company officials have said the firm was contemplating an option of withdrawing from the project and settle the things with the state government as against its earlier plans of moving court.
They alleged that despite complaints to the director general of police and the Gurgaon police commissioner and the deputy commissioner, police cover was not provided.
Senior police officials said that the security at the toll plaza had been beefed up after the June 5 incident.
“We have deputed a PCR van at the toll plaza and also set up a barricade besides increasing the police presence there. Regarding not registering FIR for the June 5 incident, the area ACP had held a meeting with the villagers and the firm and matter was resolved,”said Rahul, deputy commissioner of police (South).
The stretch was thrown open for the public on June 29 last year and since then the concessionaire has incurred a loss of about Rs.90 crore.
“During an attack, someone fled with cash from the toll booths. Locals refuse to pay toll,”said a company source.
The firm that owns the concession rights for 17 years till 2026 had not only paid upfront premium of Rs.150 crore to the state government but also spent Rs.550 crore for the construction of the expressway.
As many as 27,000 vehicles, of which 20-25% happens to be trucks primarily carrying boulders and other construction materials, ply on this road daily.