Short circuit leads to fire in Mayfield Garden flat | gurgaon | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Oct 22, 2017-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Short circuit leads to fire in Mayfield Garden flat

A laptop and a computer were gutted in a fire that broke out in a house on the second floor in Mayfield Garden, Sector 51 on Thursday evening. The incident took place due to a short circuit in the bedroom after a couple staying in the house left the AC power switch on.

gurgaon Updated: Feb 27, 2015 09:37 IST
HT Correspondent

A laptop and a computer were gutted in a fire that broke out in a house on the second floor in Mayfield Garden, Sector 51 on Thursday evening.

The incident took place due to a short circuit in the bedroom after a couple staying in the house left the AC power switch on.

The owners were not at home at the time of incident and were informed about the incident by the neighbours.

At around 7pm the residents saw smoke coming out of N-244 on the second floor and they rushed out of the building and informed the house owners and fire department.

Two fire tenders then reached at nearly around 7:30 pm and put out the fire.

The residents initially thought that the gas cylinder may have leaked in the kitchen The incident took place due to a short circuit in the bedroom after a couple staying in the house left the AC power switch on on the second floor in Mayfield Garden, Sector 51 on Thursday evening. The couple say they have incurred a loss amounting to a lakh as a laptop, a computer and articles kept in the bedroom had been gutted in the fire. as the couple had gone to work and may have left something on the gas and forgot to turn off the gas before leaving for office, said the fire officials.

The owner of the house Richa Rajput told the fire department that the loss is almost a lakh as their laptop; computer and articles kept in the bedroom had been gutted in the fire. The mattress and bed kept in the room were also burnt but thankfully the fire did not reach the other rooms and the rest of the house is intact. The owners were not at home at the time of incident and the neighbours had called the fire department after seeing smoke coming out of the house. The mattress and bed kept in the room were also burnt but thankfully the fire did not reach the other rooms and the rest of the house is intact.

I S Kashyap, senior fire officer Sector 29 said, “Within a few minutes two fire tenders and eight firemen rushed to the spot and were able to put out the fire in approximately in ten minutes.”