Three die of suffocation in generator room | gurgaon | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 20, 2017-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Three die of suffocation in generator room

Three persons, including two power system engineers and a driver, were found dead under mysterious circumstances in the generator room of a cellular tower in Kasan village near Manesar on Tuesday.

gurgaon Updated: Jan 18, 2012 00:45 IST
HT Correspondent

Three persons, including two power system engineers and a driver, were found dead under mysterious circumstances in the generator room of a cellular tower in Kasan village near Manesar on Tuesday.

They reportedly died of suffocation in their sleep due to smoke emanating from an electric generator, situated near Manesar.

The incident came to light when a Sify company employee found their bodies in the company’s generator room in the morning.

The victims were identified as K Raju (22) from Tamil Nadu, OP Rai (38) from Bihar and their driver Ashok Kumar (22) from Uttar Pradesh.

They all were employed with Manesar-based Numeric Power Systems, and had gone to repair the tower of Sify company in Kasan village.

After repairing the tower at night, the trio reportedly went to the generator room to sleep. “It seems they all were suffocated to death due to the gas emitted from the generator,” said Hamid Akthar, DCP (south), Gurgaon police.

“We have informed their families. The post-mortem will be conducted on Wednesday after their relatives arrive here,” the DCP added.