Contrary to popular belief, pimples and acne are not just a teenage nightmare, but a common problem among women (and men) of all ages. It’s therefore important to arm yourself with all the facts.
A tiny tweak to your usual skincare routine could mean a big difference and help fix your acne. Alia Rizvi, dermatologist at Me Clinic - Masters of Esthetics, and cosmetologist Megha Shah, have rolled out basic pointers that can be easily incorporated in daily beauty regimens.
* Keep your face clean. Remove your make properly. You can use a salycylic face wash.
* Rinse your face once you get home after spending the day outside.
* Do not scrub. Over washing and scrubbing can cause skin irritation.
* Don’t touch your face too often. Or don’t lean on any surface. Here the face can get infected with bacteria.
* Try using brands or make-up which say on the label -non-comedogenic.
* Avoid the sun. It can increase the chance of an acne outbreak.
* You can use anti-acne masks once a week.
* Acne occurs because of hormonal imbalance, so your dermatologist might ask you to get your hormones tested.
* Dandruff is also one of the most common causes of acne on forehead or back. It’s important to use an anti-dandruff shampoo suggested by your dermatologist.
* Avoid wearing tight body hugging clothes if you have acne on the body.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more