Blemishes are marks or dark spots caused by pigmentation, acne, or due to the accumulation of oil in the pores. Those looking to treat blemishes can try some of these simple tips at home.
1. Prepare a paste using 1tbsp of turmeric powder, juice of half a lemon and 1tsp of honey.
Apply on blemishes for 15 minutes till semi-dry. This will help gradually reduce the appearance when used daily.
2. Potato juice when gently rubbed on the skin helps lighten pigmentation.
Apply and leave for 10 minutes, and rinse with cold water.
3. Aloe vera gel alone or with one vitamin E capsule can be applied on blemishes too. Apply on the face and neck, and leave it on for 15 minutes.
Rinse it off with cold water.
4. Almond oil is effective on blemishes as well. One can leave it on for 20-30 minutes. It is mild enough to be used daily.
5. Papaya and milk paste, made by mixing 3/4th portions papaya and 1/4th portion milk, in a blender, helps reduce marks and is proven to be effective on blemishes as well.
Apply on affected areas and leave it on to dry for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water.
(HTC, with inputs from Aakriti Kochar, beauty expert)