* Beetroot is a good source of folic acid, vitamin C, B1, B2, B3, and A. It is also rich in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and sodium.
* It helps improve the quality of blood. It lowers blood pressure and prevents cardiovascular problems.
* The water in which beetroot is boiled is effective in treating pimples and boils.
* It’s best to eat beetroot raw as many of its nutrients are lost when it is cooked.
* Beetroot is good for pregnant women because it lowers the risk of neural tube defects in infants.
* Beetroot juice cleanses stomach, kidney, gall bladder and intestines.
Compiled by Karina Pandya