It doesn't matter whether you are a regular at the bar, the occasional drinker, or an experimental one, getting a hangover is not at all a surprising possibility especially during merry times.
With some of you still riding along the holiday wave, we have curated a list of hangover cures that you can follow to ease the throbbing pain in your head. Trust us, you will be back on your feet within no time!
Ishi Khosla, clinical nutritionist Whole Foods India & founder president- Celiac Society of India advocates a few useful tips:
• Drink plenty of water before going to bed to safeguard from ill effects of hangover. Fresh lime water, juices, coconut water, plain sodas can be beneficial.
• Taking vitamin B6 before drinking may reduce the severity of hangover. A simple B vitamin supplement would do.
• Eating bland foods that contain complex carbohydrates, such as toast and crackers, can combat low blood sugar and possibly nausea.
• Drinking non-alcoholic, non-caffeinated beverages can alleviate depression. Contrary to popular belief caffeine can worsen symptom as it is a diuretic and increases urine production.
• Time is the most effective treatment; symptoms usually disappear in 8 – 24 hours.