Detoxify, sleep well for radiant skin
Hectic work schedules often keep women away from spending any time on nurturing their skin. But it's easy to do it at home by detoxifying the body and getting proper beauty sleep.health and fitness Updated: May 29, 2014 19:39 IST
Hectic work schedules often keep women away from spending any time on nurturing their skin. But it's easy to do it at home by detoxifying the body and getting proper beauty sleep.Sun, stress, pollution and dirt leads to several skin concerns like uneven skin tone, blemishes and dull looking skin. However, a beauty expert has shared tips on how one can get the desired flawless and radiant skin in the comfort of your home, said a statement.
* Detox your body:Your body is a result of what is going on inside it. Skin problems develop when your skin can’t do its job of eliminating toxins efficiently. Drink warm water with lemon every morning to help flush toxins from the body. Reduce your intake of alcohol for a few days to give your body and skin a break. Up your intake of fresh fruits, vegetables and water to boost the amount of skin-saving nutrients you're getting.
Read:Why even 4 hours of sleep is enough
* Get some beauty sleep: Sleep affects your physical and mental well-being. When you sleep, you're allowing your body to begin the healing process. Good sleep directly leads to fresh looking skin. Try and hit the sack earlier than you usually do and you will see the result within no time on your skin.
* Skin serum is in: Gone are the days when serum was only for your hair. Skin serums are the latest trend in skin care. Whoever thought skin serums were only used by experts at the salon, think again. You can now use skin serums even in the comfort of your home with ease. Vitamins in these serums help make your skin even and radiant.
Read:How to get a glowing skin
* Strip off your make-up before going to bed: Leaving make-up and dirt on skin doesn't just clog pores but it also causes skin dullness. Always wipe off your make up and wash your face with a face wash to remove all the dirt and grime that your skin has collected throughout the day. Massage your face with a hydrating creme after you wash your face to help replenish your skin while you sleep.
* Don’t forget to apply sunscreen: We know, you've heard it a million times, but stepping out of the house during the day without wearing sunscreen is like directly forcing your skin to dullness. Sunscreen not only prevents your skin from tanning but also keeps it moisturized and hydrated throughout the day. Applying sunscreen everyday helps your skin retrieve its natural moisture.