When the temperature soars, dehydration becomes one of the major problems. An expert suggests that people start considering food as a source of water.
"One should drink plenty of water in the summers. The solid food also provides a surprising amount of water which can balance water level in your body," said fitness expert and nutritionist Neeraj Mehta.
Here's what to consume during summer:
* Lettuce:Lettuce has 95% water content. It has good amount of protein with no fat and very less calories. The nutritional value is amazing as well, as it has Omega-3, high fibre, iron and calcium.
* Broccoli:It has 89% of water content with nutritional values. Its anti-inflammatory properties can enable you to fight summer allergies.
* Rice:Cooked rice has 70% water content in it. It will help you in fulfilling the water loss in your body. It is also rich in iron, carbohydrates and more.
Rics is good for heart health too. (Photo: Shutterstock)
* Apple: It has 86% water in it and is an extremely good source of fibre, vitamin C and more.
* Yoghurt:Yoghurt is one of the best choices in summers to prevent dehydration because of its 85% water content. It is full of live micro-organisms called pro-biotic, which provides a lot of health benefits and fights summer allergies. It is a great source of protein, vitamin B and calcium.