Get going: How to do the six-pack workout
For you to build a six pack, besides the diet, you need a good workout that focuses on growing muscle and reducing body fat. We bring you closer to that six pack abs. Read to know more.health and fitness Updated: Oct 09, 2014 16:10 IST
For you to build a six pack, besides the diet, you need a good workout that focuses on growing muscle and reducing body fat.
This workout is a 5 day workout. Day 4 and day 7 are rest days, which help your muscles recover. This workout focuses on large muscles and large movements, so your rate of calorie burn up is more and your muscles are primed for growth. What the essentially means is that you will be more toned, and closer to that six pack, if not there!
Rules for doing this workout
1. Start with 15 min of cardio. During those 15 min, start easy, and build up to a fast pace, so that you are warmed up and ready to lift some weights after the cardio.
2. How much weight you lift, depends on the number of repetitions. For example, if it says 8-10 repetitions, you should lift a weight that you can do for a maximum of 8-10 times.
3. Use a weight, with which you can perform the exercises in correct form. Watch the videos mentioned in the table below for correct format. Rest for approx 1 min between sets. Not longer.
4. Ensure that you do the full body stretch after every workout. (Watch: http://www.fitho.in/guide/exercise/full-body/full-body-stretch/) You can even do it on the rest days! It will help recovery of muscles and increase metabolic rate.
5. Each day focuses on a large body part, so your overall muscle growth and tone is balanced.
Follow this workout for 4 weeks!Day 1
Day 4:Take a break. Your muscles need to relax too.Day 5
Day 7: Rest again on day 7 and then, repeat.
Follow the 7- day regime, and you'll be making good progress towards your six pack.
(Dhruv Gupta is the founder of the online weight loss programme Fitho (www.fitho.in) and the author of popular book on weight loss, Losing It- Making Weight Loss Simple).