Nowadays, gum and tooth deseases are more frequent than ever, here are some tips to prevent it.
1. The twice trick: Gum diseases, also called periodontal diseases, are marked by calculus and bleeding, which is widely prevalent in all age groups. Regular cleansing will ensure that the calculus doesn’t build up and therefore brush your teeth twice a day.
2. Floss it well: Clean areas between each tooth with floss or some inter-dental cleaner, once every day. Make it a regular habit as simple brushing doesn’t remove the fine particles stuck between your teeth.
3. Regular dental checkups: Visit your dentist for a checkup and for a regular professional cleaning. Just as your body needs a regular medical screening, make it a point to go to the dentist too for your teeth check up.
4. The way to brush: Place your brush angularly toward the gums when brushing along the gum line. Show your dentist or dental hygienist how you brush and clean between your teeth and ask if you need to make any improvement.
5. Do not overdo it: It doesn’t take much pressure to remove the plaque from your teeth. A vigorous scrubbing could irritate your gums. Concentrate on cleaning all the surfaces of the teeth.