1. The right position: Elevate your head by sleeping on a thicker pillow or multiple pillows to reduce snoring. Also, don’t take alcohol, sleeping pills, tranquilisers or antihistamines right before going to sleep — it will cause your muscles to relax and limit your air passage way.
2. Avoid dairy products: It’s better to avoid dairy products, which can cause mucus build-up right before you go to sleep. If you are overweight, losing some weight will reduce snoring by increasing the space in your air passage way.
3. Side sleep: Sleeping on your side instead of your back will help prevent snoring.
4. Check meal: Don’t eat a big meal right before bed. If your stomach is full, it will push up on your diaphragm and limit breathing passage ways.
5. Pillow effect: Sleep on a firmer pillow. A pillow that’s too soft, encourages your throat muscles to relax and narrows your air passageway.