Laser hair reduction: Here are a few dos and don’ts
If you are keen on laser hair reduction, then there are few things that you must bear in mind before opting for this treatment. Here are few tips.health and fitness Updated: Apr 30, 2016 17:05 IST
Are you tired of waxing, threading and shaving? We all are, actually. Of course, there’s help at hand. We know that laser hair reduction is a way out from endless cycles of waxing and shaving. But there are a few things you must keep in mind before you go in for this treatment. Before investing in permanent hair reduction by laser treatment, ensure that the service is done under the supervision of a certified dermatologist and clarify all aspects of the treatment, says an expert.
Sangeeta Velaskar, vice president and head, medical services and R&D, Kaya Limited, shares a checklist on things to keep in mind before indulging in laser hair reduction:
1. While zeroing in on where you would like to get your laser hair reduction, always ensure that the service is done under the supervision of a certified dermatologist and by trained practitioners.
2. Clarify all aspects of the treatment such as number and duration of sessions, expected results, details about maintenance session, pre and post care.
3. Confirm that the dermatologist or the clinic has done a laser patch test to check skin sensitivity.
4. Before proceeding with the service, make sure that your dermatologist checks your skin type and hair type.
5. Laser hair reduction sessions require consistency and commitment. Make sure that if you want that silky smooth skin, you regularly sit through the required number of sessions recommended by the dermatologist.
6. Sun protection with sunscreen or clothes is an important aspect of care through the duration of laser hair reduction.