If you are aspiring to study abroad, there should be proper planning on various aspects.
1. Subject wise: Depending on your aspirations in life and your marks, choose the right course. Talk to experts in this field, counsellors and educationists. Since the process involves a lot of costs, decisions should be taken wisely and not impulsively.
2. Finance : Studying abroad can be quite expensive unless you have a scholarship. You can also take a student loan, but this must be done on time. Don’t expect the university or banks to sponsor you at the last minute.
3. Research: If you have zeroed in on any university, research well about it. Try to get in touch with the alumnus for their experience. Check the status of international students there, and also if they provide lodging etc. Find out about their student support system.
4. Scholarship program: Many universities offer scholarships. So, if you have a good score you can get a high scholarship from the university itself.
5. Apply on time: The sooner and faster you apply to any university, the higher is your chance to get your preferred course, scholarship and choice of the country. There are lots of formalities that need to be completed, so it is advisable to apply at least six months before the actual term.