Solar panels and temperature-regulating walls aren't the only ways to make your house more eco-friendly. Save the planet without burning a hole in your pocket.
Good To Be Home magazine shares ways to conserve energy, reports huffingtonpost.com:
Also read: Unique home decor ideas
* Clean with vinegar: It's a natural way to kill bacteria and germs.
* Use a microwave: Less energy is used by a microwave oven than a conventional one.
Also read: Pump up your pad with do-it-yourself décor
* Low energy appliances: Energy star qualified appliances use 10-50% less energy than standard models.
* Eco scents: Instead of chemicals and synthetic fragrances, opt for 100% essential oils and non-aerosol scents.
Also read: Home decor with mirrors
* Turn off tap: When brushing your teeth, don't forget to turn off the tap.
* Get a spider plant: Place in the bathroom to purify air.