Computers play a vital role in our lives these days- be it at office or at home, computer always has an important place in our daily lives. But sitting for those long hours at the computer desk may affect your eyes. Here's a guide on how you can take care of them.
1. Keep them lubricated: Professionals these days work in an air-conditioned environment, which contributes to dryness in eyes. Also, blinking is reduced while working on the computer. Hence, it is important to soothe your eyes with a lubricating eye drop every three to four hours.
2. Take a walk: The computer has a magnetic field around it, which can cause mild headaches on hours of continuous usage. One must move out of the range of the computer every one-and-a-half to two hours, for a short while.
3. Proper adjustments: The angle of the screen, brightness and contrast must be such that it your eyes don’t get strained. You must also ensure that your posture is proper — your back straight.
4. Keep the lights on: Do not work on a computer in a dark room. The flickering of light on the computer screen causes added strain and fatigue.
5. Make it large: Keep the size of the icons on the screen, and that of the font of your documents, a size larger than what you can read/see easily. A larger font strains the eye much lesser than a tiny one.
With inputs by eye specialist Dr S Bharti, Bharti Eye Hospitals