We did an hour-long Ask Me Anything (AMA) session with restaurateur Riyaaz Amlani on Saturday (September 24) morning. You might know Amlani as the man behind Social, the co-working space that moonlights as a bar. Now, he’s on a mission to change Mumbai’s nightlife with ambitious plans like 3am deadline (instead of 1am) and bringing down the drinking age limit to 21 years. Here are top 10 things he discussed through his tweets.
1) On keeping his brands relevant.
2) On the newest Social outlet, opening in a week (Hint: it’s not Mumbai).
3) On that one lesson budding entrepreneurs should remember.
4) On the home chef revolution, one of the biggest culinary trends in the last two years.
5) On the role of restaurants and public places in the making of a city.
6) On what makes a chain of restaurants successful.
7) On the power of the millennial generation.
8) On some of the funniest things he’s heard about Social.
9) On what keeps him going every day.
10) On food trends he’s betting on.