A sequel to 300, Rise of an Empire is an action film which sees Greeks fighting an attack by Persians led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes and ...
High on action and drama, the film lacks a plausible storyline.
The Greek city states come together to fight the Persians. The leader this time round is Themistokles.
The action shifts to the sea as Greeks and Persians fight their wars.
A sequel to 2007 blockbuster 300, this film stars Eva Green and Sullivan Stapleton.
The 300 sequel Rise of an Empire has topped the weekend box office with $45.1 million and $87.8 million internationally in its first weekend.
Animated film Mr Peabody & Sherman opened in second with 32.5 million dollars, followed by Liam Neeson starrer Non-Stop, which garnered 15.4 million dollars in its second weekend, Fox News reported.
The top earners of the weekend box office are:
1. 300: Rise of an Empire with $45.1 million ($87.8 million international).
2. Mr. Peabody & Sherman with $32.5 million.
3. Non-Stop with $15.4 million.
4. The Lego Movie with $11 million.
5. Son of God with $10 million.
6. The Monuments Men with $3.1 million.
7. Days to Kill with $3.1 million.
8. Frozen with $3 million.
9. 12 Years a Slave with $2.2 million.
10. Ride Along with $2 million.