Actor Scarlett Johansson is one of the highest paid actors among stalwarts like Robert Downey Jr. and Samuel L Jackson in Avengers.
The 32-year-old actor’s portrayal of the Black Widow also got her the first-ever woman superhero film — a feat that many thought wouldn’t have been possible had she not played the role of Natasha Romanoff in the superhero flick.
Scarlett started in the industry at a young age and by the time she was 22, her choice of roles had pushed her to take up parts that were beyond her age.
She played the role of a married 25-year-old in Lost in Translation (2003), after which she suggested that she would want to be in a relationship with an older man, and true to her wish, she began dating actor-director Benicio Del Toro who is 17 years older to her.
Having been voted as one of the sexiest actors in Hollywood by multiple magazines and tabloids, Scarlett’s life, off the camera, too has been of keen interest. She has always been blunt on camera and doesn’t bother about her reputation. The actor has been vocal about how female actors are perceived off-screen, and was even instrumental in raising the pay gap because of the gender debate in Hollywood.
Did You Know?
1. An avid fan of Tom Waits, she recorded an album comprised entirely of Tom Waits covers, titled ‘Anywhere I Lay My Head’ in 2008.
2. She was cast in Iron Man 2 (2010) after Emily Blunt dropped out due to other commitments.
3. She was 8 months pregnant with her daughter Rose when voicing scenes for The Jungle Book (2016).
4. She suffers from a morbid fear of birds (ornithophobia) and cockroaches (katsaridaphobia).
5. Her lips inspired Katy Perry’s “I Kissed A Girl.” She later told Allure, “I should get a cut!”
6. Her signature smoky voice got her rejected from a commercial she auditioned for when she was a 7-year-old.
7. Her first role was a skit on Late Night with Conan O’Brien in 1993. She was 8.
8. She is three minutes older than her twin brother Hunter Johansson. She says these three minutes are the most important in her life.
9. Dislikes the nickname “ScarJo” that is commonly used by the media in reference to her.
1. The people who have told me that my voice is distinctive, it’s unusual... those people have always been close to my heart.
2. I have an obsessive character. I manicure my nails at three in the morning because nobody else can do it the right way.
3. I was always terrible at commercials because my voice was so deep. At the age of 9, I sounded like a whiskey-drinking, chain-smoking fool.
4. I definitely believe in plastic surgery. I don’t want to be an old hag. There’s no fun in that.
5. I hope they make a video game of me. At least I wouldn’t have any cellulite then.
6. I don’t go to McDonald’s anymore. After I saw Super Size Me... no way!
7. Whose life would I like to step into for the day? The President’s. I could probably get some things done in the Oval Office.
8. I think it’s hard for actors to date each other because they are so damn moody. You are away from people constantly and having a relationship that is strictly by phone, it is miserable. Or if you say to him/her, “Hey, (even though) I am doing a very sexy scene with this very sexy girl/boy, I love you and I’m going to be thinking of you when I am rolling around in bed with this person!”.
Follow @htshowbiz for more.