Bond films will not end, says studio boss | hollywood | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Sep 19, 2017-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Bond films will not end, says studio boss

Even as uncertainty looms over the future of the hit James Bond franchise, the boss of the movie studio where the films are shot has assured fans that there will be another outing for the British secret agent.

hollywood Updated: Aug 26, 2010 17:13 IST

Even as uncertainty looms over the future of the hit James Bond franchise, the boss of the movie studio where the films are shot has assured fans that there will be another outing for the British secret agent.

Producers of the as-yet-untitled 23rd movie had hoped for a release in 2011 or 2012 but have been forced to stall Daniel Craig's third turn as the 007 agent indefinitely due to uncertainty over the future of MGM.danielcraig

But the boss of Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire, England, where most indoor scenes for the films are shot, has moved to end the speculation, Contactmusic reported. "I am sure there will be another Bond movie in future," Chief Executive Ivan Dunleavy said.

MGM is said to be in USD 3.7 billion worth of debt and at the moment six years is the biggest gap between films, from 1989's Licence to Kill and Goldeneye, which came out in 1995.

Sam Mendes had been lined up to direct the movie and the screenplay for Bond 23 was worked on by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, who had previously scripted Quantum of Solace and Casino Royale, and Frost/Nixon writer Peter Morgan.