The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce has firmly dismissed rumors that comedian Bill Cosby’s star would be removed from the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The comedian was charged and booked on December 30, Wednesday with sexually assaulting a woman in 2004.
This marked the start of criminal proceedings after dozens of women have come forward in the last year to accuse the 78-year-old entertainer of drugging and raping them, said The Hollywood Reporter.
“The answer is no,” said Leron Gubler, Hollywood Chamber of Commerce president and CEO. “Once a star has been added to the Walk, it is considered a part of the historic fabric of the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Because of this, we have never removed a star from the Walk.”