Hugh Grant opts out of Bridget Jones 3

  • PTI, London
  • Updated: Oct 11, 2014 19:54 IST

Actor Hugh Grant has revealed he will not return for the third installment of Bridget Jones. The romantic comedy series is based on Helen Fielding's novel of the same name, which is a reinterpretation of Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

The 54-year-old actor, who starred in the first two films as Daniel Cleaver, said his absence will not affect the prospects of the film, reported Free Radio.

"I decided not to do it. But I think they're going to go ahead and do it without Daniel. The book's excellent, by the way, but the script is completely different, well, the script as I last saw it a few years ago."

The third film is to be based on Fielding's third book, Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy, which received excellent reviews last year.

also read

Amid divorce rumours, Chris Hemsworth says he’s already looking for a new wife
Show comments