Many directors have come to Keira Knightley’s defence after filmmaker John Carney slammed the actor during an interview with UK’s Independent, saying he will never make a film with a supermodel again.
Knightley, 31, and Carney have worked together on the film Begin Again, which also starred Mark Ruffalo and Adam Levine.
Filmmakers who have previously worked with the actor have now come to her defence, reported People magazine.
Knightley’s Never Let Me Go director Mark Romanek took to Twitter to praise her.
“My experience with Keira Knightley was utterly spectacular on every level. I have no clue what this guy is talking about,” Romanek tweeted.
My recollection of #keiraknightley's "entourage" was that her mum visited the set one day for an hour or two.— mark romanek (@markromanek) May 30, 2016
Joy Gorman, a producer on Knightley’s 2012 film Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, said that working with her was anything but unpleasant.
“She was an absolute dream. Professional, prepared, kind and lovely,” Gorman said.
Director of the film Lorene Scafaria said she had a similar experience as Romanek. “I agree with Mark,” she tweeted. “Keira was a joy to work w/. Present & easy & really, really good at her job. Just lovely.”
Lynn Shelton, who directed the actress in 2014’s Laggies, tweeted, “Working with #KeiraKnightley was magnificent, top to bottom. She is the real deal. “
In the interview, Carney praised Ruffalo as a “fantastic” actor and Levine for not being “a bit scared of exposing himself on camera,” he said “Keira’s thing is to hide who you are and I don’t think you can be an actor and do that.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more