Matt Damon returned to the Jason Bourne series for one reason only

  • PTI, London
  • Updated: Jun 07, 2016 13:50 IST
Jason Bourne will be Matt Damon’s fourth film in the series.

Matt Damon says one of the main reasons he got back to the Bourne franchise were the fans, who wanted to see him reprise the role.

The 45-year-old The Martian star will return as the lead character of Jason Bourne for the fourth time, reported Femalefirst.

Read: Jason Bourne trailer: Matt Damon’s reborn Bourne’s more like Liam Neeson

“People would come up (to me) on the street and ask, ‘Are you guys going to make another one?’

Read: Jason Bourne rescued me and kept my career afloat: Matt Damon

“I’ve been in the movie business long enough to realize what a gift that is. Having an audience that is actually there and really wants to see something is not to be taken lightly,” Damon said.

Read: From Top Gun 2 to Jason Bourne: 5 long-awaited sequels coming soon

Alicia Vikander, Tommy Lee Jones, and Vincent Cassel are some of the big new names on the cast list while Julia Stiles is set to reprise the role of Nicky.

Paul Greengrass is directing the project. The actor-director duo have previously worked together on two Bourne films and the Iraq War thriller Green Zone.

Follow @htshowbiz for more

also read

Pierce Brosnan gets trolled after saying he was ‘misled’ by pan brand
Show comments