Memento to be remade but Christopher Nolan ain’t the one doing it

  • IANS, Los Angeles
  • Updated: Nov 17, 2015 16:50 IST
Guy Pearce in a still from Memento.

Filmmaker Christopher Nolan’s 2000 neo-noir psychological thriller film Memento, which marked him as a rising filmmaker is getting remade. However, he will not be returning to direct the film 15 years after it became a cult hit.

Told in a unique combination of chronological and reverse-chronological order, Memento received strong reviews and earned Oscar nominations for screenplay and editing.

AMBI Pictures has announced it will finance and produce the remake, reports The company has the remake rights due to its acquisition of the library of Exclusive Media Group. The 400-title library also contains movies like Cruel Intentions, Donnie Darko, Rush and Sliding Doors, among others.

Read: Nolan explains Inception ending

AMBI launched a new $200-million film fund last week, a move which followed the acquisition of the library, and subsequently greenlit Memento as its latest production.

Memento starred Guy Pearce as a man who is tracking down his wife’s killer but suffers from a unique form of memory loss. The movie told part of its story in reverse order while another storyline was chronological. The two met at the end with devastating effect.

Reached for comment about the remake, a representative for Nolan told Entertainment Weekly, “Our only response is to clarify, Christopher Nolan is not involved in any projects with AMBI Pictures in any capacity.”

The Indian adaptation of Memento was released in 2008 and starred Aamir Khan.

also read

Is Tom Cruise starting a new life in the UK, away from daughter Suri?
Show comments