Princess Diana was in talks for Bodyguard 2: Kevin Costner
Hollywood star Kevin Costner says Princess Diana was keen on being a part of the sequel to Whitney Houston starrer film Bodyguard.hollywood Updated: Apr 12, 2012 17:42 IST
Hollywood star Kevin Costner says Princess Diana was keen on being a part of the sequel to Whitney Houston starrer film Bodyguard.
Costner, 57, helped give singer Houston her big screen break with the 1992 film and had high hopes of making a film star out of the Princess of Wales, reported US magazine.
"Diana and I had been talking about doing Bodyguard 2. I told her I would take care of her just the same way that I took care of Whitney," Costner said in a recent interview.
Producing and starring in the original flick that garnered the late Houston critical acclaim, Costner was willing to craft a role especially for Diana in the follow-up.
"She wanted me to write it for her. I said 'I'll tailor it for you if you're interested.' She goes, 'I am interested'," Costner recounted.
In a 2003 interview, the actor told ABC that the film's sequel would show his character shielding the royal from paparazzi and stalkers before the duo became involved in a torrid affair.
In an ironic twist, the actor received a draft of the script for Bodyguard 2 on August 31, 1997 - the day before Diana perished in a Paris car crash at age 36.