Ryan Reynolds is fast becoming the biggest superstar in Hollywood
In the last part of our series, we take a look at actor Ryan Reynolds who is fast becoming the biggest superstar in the industry.hollywood Updated: Jun 19, 2016 12:29 IST
Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds is one of those actors, who carved their own niche in Hollywood. After almost two decades and several movies later, Reynolds’ Deadpool (2016) saw the film break the record for the highest collection for a R-rated movie.
The postmodern superhero portrayal saw Reynolds at par with some of the biggest superstars and he is now touted to be one of the biggest names in Hollywood to watch out for. Eminent filmmakers and production houses are ready to bank on him to carry a film that will be loved by critics and earn big bucks as well.
Although his acting career had kick-started in the teen soap Fifteen (Hillside), his major break was an American sitcom Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place, where Reynolds played Berg, who is often confused with what he wants to achieve in life until he becomes a doctor.
In films, Reynolds is known for his role in romantic comedies such as National Lampoon’s Van Wilder (2002) and Definitely, Maybe (2008). However,he has also been part of cult classics including The Amityville Horror (2005) and Smokin’ Aces (2006).
He is a darling of social media and his tweets, in which he sometimes trolls himself and his daughter with wife Blake Lively, are a hit all the way.
1. I just love bikes. It’s not the safest passion to have, but I guess it’s better than Russian roulette.
2. I see guys with, like, eyebrow art, and I wanna tell them, ‘You don’t have to go too crazy on your brows. Take it easy, man.
3. Everyone thinks their baby is a genius. People find it delightfully refreshing when I tell them, My baby? Totally average. Like, 100 percent average.
4. Religion poisons everything good in this world.
5. If it weren’t so off-putting for my co-workers. I’d wear my flannel, one-piece ‘Hannah Montana’ pajamas, like, all the time!
6. Guys are lucky: We can wear a suit over and over, just with different shirts and ties.
7. I get noticed depending on where I am. I have no problem wandering all around Spain. But the Germans - ah, the Germans - they are like “Oh! Van Wilder’s a party animal!”.
Did you know:
1. He has a fear of flying, since he once went skydiving and failed to open the parachute at the first attempt.
2. He failed his high school drama class.
3. He used to work in a grocery store.
4. He has expressed great interest in portraying the DC Comics character the Flash, should Warner Bros. ever decide to do a film adaptation of the comic book.
5. In 2002, he badly injured his back jumping from a bridge in Zurich, Switzerland.
6. Reynolds was offered the role of Xander in the show Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The part instead went to Nicholas Brendon.
7. Reynolds and his former girlfriend Alanis Morissette were travelling in Indonesia when the tsunami struck in 2004. They were uninjured since they were staying on the opposite end of the island from where the tsunami hit.
8. He has a tattoo on his right wrist of Nine O’clock Gun, the cannon that goes off nightly in Vancouver.