The Tintin sequel is alive, Peter Jackson is directing: Steven Spielberg

  • PTI, Los Angeles
  • Updated: Jul 02, 2016 16:23 IST
Great snakes! That Tintin sequel is not dead yet.

Veteran filmmakers Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson are teaming up for an unknown new film.

The 69-year-old Bridge of Spies director said that Jackson is working on a secret project for his company Amblin Entertainment according to Vanity Fair.

Read: Steven Spielberg is back, and this time he has a BFG with him

On a promotion tour for his latest movie The BFG the American-born moviemaker revealed, “Peter was so busy with The Hobbit that it took him away from Tintin and he’s doing another film for my company now.”

Spielberg disclosed that Jackson is ready to continue the sequel of the 2011 saga The Adventure of Tintin but only after the newly signed project.

“It’s a secret, nobody knows about it. Then after that he’ll do Tintin,” he said.

Read: Tintin’s tears become symbol of solidarity after Brussels attacks

Maker of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings trilogy, Jackson, who was also the producer of Tintin, had been signed by Spielberg, who directed the first film, to helm the sequel.

Follow @htshowbiz for more

From Around the Web
Sponsored by Revcontent

also read

I’ve never heard of anyone being hired for their looks: Gemma Arterton
Show comments