DU's first cut-off list for 3-year format today

  • PTI, New Delhi
  • |
  • Updated: Jun 30, 2014 08:56 IST

In a relief to over 2.7 lakh students, Delhi University will finally come out with its first cut-off list on Monday for admissions to the courses under the three-year format.

A week behind schedule due to the row over controversial four-year undergraduate programme (FYUP), admissions to DU's academic session 2014-15 will begin on Tuesday.

The first cut-off list will come out on late Monday based on which students can take admission till July 3.

Offices of various colleges were buzzing with activity on a Sunday as they worked on to make the transition from FYUP to the three-year programme smooth.

"We have our team working on various aspects of the admission process such as making changes to the website, prospectus besides issuing fresh guidelines to officials," S K Garg, President of DU Principals' Association, said.

When asked if a sudden switch from FYUP to three-year format was proving tricky, Garg said the old structure had been in place earlier and it was something they were used to.

"How difficult can it be? There needs to some changes in the documents but it is a format we had been following all these years," said Garg, who is principal of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College.

Agreeing with Garg, Principals' Association Secretary S N Lakshmi said, "The three-year structure was being followed even when FYUP was in place. The outgoing third year students and the ones in second year have studied the old courses. So it should hardly be an issue."

Over 2.7 lakh students had applied for admission to DU under the now scrapped FYUP to more than 54,000 seats in 64 colleges of the varsity. The admissions were earlier to take place on June 24.

 

also read

Govt for group discussion to appoint IIM directors

blog comments powered by Disqus