10-yr-old mistakes pesticide for tea in Bihar’s Darbhanga, 4 of family dead
The minor girl, while preparing tea, mixed pesticides mistaking the packet for the one containing tea leaves.india Updated: Nov 02, 2017 14:33 IST
Four members of a family, including a 10-year-old girl, died on Thursday after drinking tea inadvertently mixed with poisonous pesticides in Bihar’s Darbhanga district, police said.
Deputy superintendent of police Dilnawaz Ahmed said the incident took place in a village falling under Bahadurpur police station area of the district.
The minor girl, Archana, while preparing tea, mixed pesticides mistaking the packet for the one containing tea leaves.
Three family members -- Dukhan Mahto (60), Ramswaroop Mahto (65) and Archana herself -- fell sick and died at home itself.
The fourth victim, Prakash Mahto, died during treatment at hospital, the DSP said.
Another family member, Pramila Devi, has been admitted to the Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital where her condition was stated to be critical, the DSP said.