An eight-year-old boy died while imitating TV cartoon character Chhota Bheem in Madhya Pradesh.
Babaloo was playing with a rope and trying to imitate the character, when he accidentally formed a noose around his neck and was strangulated at Devarimar village in Guna district on Wednesday.
His elder sister Soni was the first to see him dead and tried to strangulate herself with the same rope. However, she was saved and has been admitted to a hospital.
Babaloo's father Ramveer Singh Raghuvanshi was not home at the time while his mother was in the kitchen and grandmother was in the bathroom.
Both children were rushed to the district hospital. Babaloo was declared brought dead while Soni's condition is serious.
Bajrangarh police station in-charge Sandeep Kumar said the parents' statement was yet to be recorded as they were in shock.
Last September, a similar incident was reported from West Bengal's Nadia district, where an 11-year-old boy named Tanmay Biswas, a student of Class 6, accidentally hanged himself from a ceiling fan with a towel while imitating Chhota Bheem.