Advertisement

HindustanTimes Sat,20 Sep 2014

Bodh Gaya blasts: evasive Nitish announces probe

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times  Bodh Gaya, July 08, 2013
First Published: 00:27 IST(8/7/2013) | Last Updated: 00:29 IST(8/7/2013)

Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday said he would ask the Centre to deploy Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) to take over the security of the temple complex while admitting that the Intelligence Bureau (IB) and other security agencies had alerted the state government about the possibility of a blast.

Advertisement

“This (CISF) is the appropriate agency for the job,” he said.

The chief minister skirted reporters’ queries as to whether the serial blasts testified to a lapse in the security of the complex. “After today’s incident the security set-up will be reviewed and strengthened.”

Kumar said the National Investigation Agency (NIA) would probe the blasts. “An NIA team is on its way to Bodhgaya.”

Kumar said till the NIA took over the serial blasts probe, the Bihar police would carry out the investigation. “Forensic experts are already there at blast sites,” he added. “Alerts had been received earlier on the threat, following which CCTVs had been installed in the complex,” Kumar said after surveying the temple complex.

Home secretary Amir Subhani, director general of police Abhyanand and an IB joint director accompanied the chief minister during the trip.


Advertisement
more from India

35 Chinese PLA soldiers return to Chumar, sit on a hillock

Official sources said about 35 PLA men returned to Chumar in northeast Ladakh and were perched on a hillock claiming the area to be part of China while another 300 soldiers were maintaining presence close to Line of Actual Control.
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved