The motorman of the Gyaneswari Express on Saturday filed a complaint with the Jhargram GRP against "unidentified miscreants" for the railway disaster in West Midnapore district as the toll in Friday's Mumbai-bound express train derailment rose to 104.
Jhargram GRP Superintendent of Police Shankar Chakraborty told PTI that that the complaint was filed "against unidentified miscreants" under sections 150 (maliciously wrecking or attempting to wreck a train) and 151 (damage to or destruction of certain railway properties) of the Railway Act.
Chakraborty said that the driver BK Das had also mentioned an explosion at the time of derailment.
The train derailed on Friday after being attacked by the Maoists in Jhargram, killing 104 people.
South Eastern Railway officials in Kolkata said the driver has mentioned that he had heard the sound of a blast and a felt a big jerk after which he applied the brakes.
The officials told PTI that Das had handed over the complaint on Friday to the officer-in-charge of the Jhargram Railway Police, who could not register it immediately.
On whether Das had named the Maoists in his FIR, they said, "The driver has mentioned what he has experienced. How will he know who carried out the blasts?"
On Saturday more bodies were pulled out from the wreckage of the mangled coaches with rescuers working throughout the night.
South East Railway officials put the number of injured at 250. Five of the seriously injured have been taken to Kolkata for treatment.
Only 25 bodies have been identified so far and postmortem of 60 bodies has been done.
Railway officials said the toll could rise as the worst-affected S-5 and S-6 coaches were yet to be cut open. Bodies could be inside the two mangled coaches as also under the engine of four wagons of the goods train, the officials said.
Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee had on Friday spoken of a "bomb blast" on the railway tracks before the express went off the tracks between Khemasoli and Sardiya stations, 135 km from Howrah. She had also mentioned that TNT and gelatine sticks had been found at the accident spot.
The DGP Bhupinder Singh had said that pendral clips were open along a 50-metre stretch at the accident spot and the blast theory was not confirmed.
Inspector General of Police (Law and Order) Surojit Karpurokayastha said that according to preliminary investigation, fish plates were found removed at the derailment site.
Mystery persists | Map | In pics: Maoists strike again | See Special | Govt feels Maoist Heat