Advertisement

HindustanTimes Thu,02 Oct 2014

Five sustain burn injuries after cooking gas cylinder leaks

PTI  Sitamarhi, January 27, 2011
First Published: 16:24 IST(27/1/2011) | Last Updated: 17:01 IST(30/1/2011)

Five persons suffered serious burn injuries on Thursday after a fire broke out due to leakage in a cooking gas cylinder in a house of Bihar's Sitamarhi district, police said.

Advertisement

The incident occurred after Md Ekhlaq Hussain's family members put on the burner of the leaking cylinder that caught fire, Nagar police station in-charge Niranjan Prasad said.

Hussain, his wife M Parveen and three others sustained severe burn injuries after being hit by sprinkles of the raging fire, he said.

The injured were rushed to a local hospital where the doctors referred them to Sri Krishna Memorial Hospital at Muzaffarpur.


Advertisement
more from India

BJP promises foodgrain at Rs. 1 per kg in manifesto

BJP in Haryana on Thursday promised foodgrain at Rs. 1 per kg for BPL families, free treatment to the poor and stipend for unemployed youths in its election manifesto, which it released on Thursday hoping to come to power on its own for the first time in the state.
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved