Foreign policy, good governance: Top 10 quotes from PM Modi’s town hall event
Prime Minister Narendra Modi interacted with citizens on Saturday in a Town Hall-style address that marked the second anniversary of his government’s MyGov initiative.india Updated: Aug 06, 2016 20:37 IST
Prime Minister Narendra Modi interacted with citizens on Saturday in a town hall-style address that marked the second anniversary of his government’s MyGov initiative.
In his first comments on the violence against Dalits by cow vigilantes, Modi strongly rebuked them, saying most of them are “anti-social” elements who are running “shops” in the name of cow protection”.
He asked state governments to prepare “dossiers” on the so-called cow protectors as 80% of them do illegal activities at night and become cow protectors in the day, asserting that running such help groups does not mean harassing others.
Apart from this, the Prime Minister spoke on many other issues including the foreign policy, Khadi and economic growth.
Here are the top 10 quotes from PM Modi’s address:
1. People who have set up shops in the name of gau raksha (cow protection) make me angry. Many gau rakshaks (cow protectors) are involved in that job to hide their illegal business.
2. Holding PM responsible for everything that happens at every level in the nation, it can be good politically...or for TRP.
3. Khadi for nation and khadi for fashion, this must be our guiding principle.
4. Our foreign policy is only about ‘India First’.
5. Grievance redressal systems are the biggest strengths of a democracy.
6. Economic growth of more than 8% for 30 years will bring the best of the world to India.
7. “Last mile delivery” is as important as policies, the benefits must reach the intended beneficiaries.
8. Responsibility with accountability is the hallmark of good governance.
9. The spirit of a democracy is incomplete if one thinks the citizen’s role stops at voting. Participative democracy is essential.
10. If there is one sector that can power the economy it’s the agriculture sector.