All India Congress Committee (AICC) general secretary Digvijaya Singh said that he still sticks to his stand that the Batla House encounter case was fake.
Speaking to reporters in Indore on Thursday, he said he would not apologise to BJP over his remark that the Batla House encounter was fake. "I will never apologise. I still maintain that encounter was fake."
However, he said that parties involved in the Batla House encounter case can appeal against the court order if they are not satisfied.
"I have not seen the court order nor am I one of the parties in the case. The parties in the case can accept it or appeal against it. It will be their decision," he told the press.
Digvijaya Singh (seen here with President Pranab Mukherjee) had earlier called for a judicial probe into the Batla House encounter. (AFP Photo)
Singh who is on a day’s visit to the city said that he had demanded judicial probe into the matter but now that judicial order is out, he has nothing to say.
On his arrival in the evening, Singh attended function organised in memory of former city Congress president late Ujagar Singh Chaddha and then attended an Iftar party.